Clarinet/1979 Leblanc Clarinet Made in France

Question
What is the estimated worth of a 1979 Leblanc Clarinet made in France? The serial number is 50588. It still has the case and is in excellent condition. I received that and a Leblanc flute (serial number 006957 made in Japan)from my grandfather when he passed away-(he was a former instrument repair man for the Navy and Jazz alto saxist). I used to play the trumpet and have fiddled with them, but Im thinking of selling them to someone who will appreciate them.

Answer
Hello Troy,
The serial numbers published by LEBLANC indicate your clarinet was manufactured in 1980, not 1979...That is a little better for you re. resale value, for your 33 year old clarinet....If your clarinet is in excellent condition, it should have a value of $700-900....Leblanc does not specify the model against the serial number,but a Lelanc made in France would most likely be a pro level instrument...Re. the flute, that is beyond my expertise...........Cheers    JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard