Clarinet/selmer clarinet

QUESTION: I have a selmer clarinet purchased, used, around 2006 that my daughter played for a year and it has been sitting in the closet since untouched. Before i bought it, it had all cork and pads replaced. I was wondering what the resale value might be and where the serial number is located to determine the age for certain.

ANSWER: Hello Megan,
You will find the serial number on the underside of the instrument,on the lower joint [where it connects to the bell [end] piece of the instrument.. You might also look at the underside, where the upper and lower joint  join together....You did not mention whether the instrument is made of wood  [you will see the wood grains if you look carefully] or other material....Do you have the name of the model [maybe on the original paperwork]....Cheers    JACK

QUESTION: It is wood with a serial number of P0091046 instrument says Selmer Regency on it if that helps to estimate what I should be able to sell it for. Thank you for your help!

Hello again Megan,
I could find very little on the net about this clarinet...Selmer does not publish complete serial number lists...The few references I could find 1]made in USA 2]student level instrument 3]recent sales on EBAY  for $299 and $260......There is a very large number of clarinets on Ebay so I would suggest to you a  private sale...Ebay prices would get you $150-250......Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential