Dear Jack
I have found 2 SML Marigaux clarinets, Bb and A in one case. They are in very good condition and sound very nice. the Wood is in perfect condition and the silver is still looking alsmost as new. The pads are all ok. The serial no is: 3366 for the A, and 3233 for the Bb
So I would be very happy if you can give me an estimate of the value for the 2 together.

Greatings from DK

Hello Karl,
There is very little on the 'net' re. these clarinets...Mariqaux is a respected name in oboes...SML stands for Strasser-Mariqaux-Lemaire, whom were the 3 owners of the company...There is one reference to them being 'intermediate grade'......If this is so, a matched set of A and Bb could be worth up to $500-600...The main 'problem' is that this is a little known brand [in clarinets] and the age of them cannot be determined....................Cheers    JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential