Clarinet/Artley Wood Clarinet

I have an 8s Artley wood clarinet made in 1973 and I can not find any real information about it anywhere. I do not know much about it except for the age and that it is in pretty good condition. I just noticed it says ARTIST under Artley on the bell. Is it a good clarinet? Last year I bought a Buffet E11 and I want to know if it was worth buying or not if my Artley is okay. Thanks!

Hello Beth,
Artley clarinets are regarded as good quality  level instruments...You can purchase them for $100-600.  ,depending on age and condition...Buffet E-11 clarinets are regarded as good quality intermediate level clarinets with new  a price of up to $1300, depending on where purchased...Cheers .......JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential