Clarinet/Intermediate Clarinet Purchase

Question

My daughter is about to start her music A-Level and we're looking to purchase a new clarinet for her has her "loaner" had to go back. She'll be taking her grade 5 next.

Can't afford much more than 400 so was leaning towards a Buffet b12. They're about 380 new. However, there's a Leblanc Charisma available from a second hand online retail outlet for the same.

I can see from this site that Leblanc seem to have a good reputation but can't see anything online about the "charisma" model. I'm told that the serial number is PK5373. This is the one - http://www.cashgenerator.co.uk/clarinets/leblanc-charisma-clarinet-pk5373

Any advice on the choice between the Leblanc or Buffet would be much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Answer
Hello Stephen,
I just checked a log for Leblanc clarinets and find no 'Charisma' model listed, or that serial number...The design of the keywork does not look like Leblanc...I would steer clear....The Buffet  B12 clarinet is a high level student clarinet,NOT INTERMEDIATE....It is not made of wood, but other material.  It took over the B11 model.though with a few improvements...The b11  and b12  consistently get good reviews for value for money, as well as GOOD  tone  and easy playability in this price range.....Cheers    JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard