Clarinet/Finding oout more....

Question
Hi! When I was younger playing in middle and high school band, I received a clarinet from my grandparents. They couldn't tell me much on it, only that it had belonged to one of their parents. I honestly didn't think much of it. The other day I pulled it down from my closet and started to inspect it closer. It has on the barrel and bell a stamp that says

Evette
Sponsored by Buffet
Paris France

The serial number is 25315.

I searched through the Internet and really couldn't find anything on it. Can you lend some insight?

Answer
Hello Brittany,
The company of EVETTE and Schaeffer were made by MALERNE, which was taken over [or sponsored] by Buffet. They are usually intermediate grade, quire reasonable players,but not pro level...The date of manufacture was 1945...Cheers   Jack

Clarinet

jack wiard