Clarinet/Leblanc Wood Clarinet 1966?

Question
I have a wood Leblanc clarinet seriel 238xx. It has the Pete Fountain bell (although I am wondering if the bell is different from the rest of the horn.) I believe it is a model 1610?

I am trying to find a ball park value to know if I should let me son use it for 5th grade band like I did. It is in great shape, playable out of the case; I've oiled, played, recorked and pads when needed over the years.

I just haven't been able to find any info on it and know some clarinets are not worth too much, but others can be quite expensive. Any info is appreciated!

Answer
Hello Susan,
The serial number you provided is incomplete but well within the 'ballpark ' of the 1610 model...That, and the bell is a pretty good bet you have a 1610...They are excellent horns,pro level, and if in excellent [overhauled] condition, are worth between $1000-1500...That is what they go for on EBAY...Please make sure your son looks after it...IT is a discontinued model...Cheers...JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard