Clarinet/R13 Serial Number

My Buffet R13 Bb Clarinet's serial number is 332120. When was it made and what is it worth on today's market?

Hello Bobby,
Your clarinet was manufactured in 1990,so it is 23 years old...As to what it is worth, it all depends on the condition...Currently, new R-13 clarinets retail for around $3500-4,200,depending on the key plating and model [extra keys,etc], AND WHERE THEY ARE SELLING IN THE usa....On Ebay ,there are currently dozens of R-13s for sale,some with listed manufactured  dates and some advertised as just having an overhaul, which puts it in new condition.  Buffets hold their value a little better than other brands....On Ebay,the used Buffet clarinets,some from the 1960s, are selling from $600-700....Most of the ones  listed as having been reconditioned or overhauled are selling for $1800 to $2500.....If your clarinet is in excellent condition,[new pads/springs.etc] you could expect $1500-2500. on EBAY..There is a lot of competition in R-13s  at the moment....If you price your clarinet to high, and it is not in top shape, you won't find it sells very  quickly....Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential