Clarinet/My Noblet clarinet

I recently purchased a Leblanc Noblet wooden clarinet in the original case that is stamped 4019D. I've been trying to research it's worth but am not sure of the model.  I was thinking that this number was the serial # but cannot find a model.  Could you please help me out with the model and value?  Thanks.

Hello Jackie,
Your clarinet serial number falls into the 'unknown catergory' in the serial number charts. By working backwards from 1960, when charts are complete, and averaging out the number of clarinets made post 1960, I believe your clarinet is a NOBLET 40 model, the 2nd best made by NOBLET [the best being  the NOBLET 45]..Your clarinet would date to 1956 or 1957......Both the 40 and 45  are considered intermediate grade clarinets if in as new [overhauled] condition..The 40, if in excellent condition,could sell for between $600-800.    Cheers    JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential