Clarinet/silver clarinet

Thank you for your time today. I have a SILVER clarinet but I am finding it difficult researching it. All I can find in the way of markings on it is it says Centennial on the bell and a number of D483 on the underside below where the mouthpiece attaches...can you help me to assess the brand, age and value? Again thank you for any information you can give me.

Hello April, I cannot find anything secific on your clarinet but I can tell you that at one time there were over 100 companies making silver clarinets...Most silver clarinets have a value of between %50. and $300. depending on condition.  AS AN OVERHAUL COSTS AS MUSH AS $500., many do not bother with that expense..  Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential