Clarinet/Age/value of Leblanc clarinet

Question
I own a refurbished G. Leblanc wooden clarinet with the number 476A stamped on it. I can't find a serial number. It says that it's a Symphonie Model and next to the name G. Leblanc it says Paris, France. I'm assuming this is made by the company in Paris and not the U.S. counterpart. Is this correct? How I do I find out how old it is and its value?

Answer
Hello Rochelle,
There is a 476 model clarinet from Leblanc, called the Leblanc Classic....These seem to have been made in the late 50s and early 60s.   [IT was  called the 476, not 476A]....If in fact you are looking at the serial number, Leblanc clarinets with the serial number  101A to 989A were manufactured in 1964 and is  a 476 model, or  'CLASSIC ' model.   These are professional level clarinets.  If in overhauled/excellent condition, they sell on EBAY for $700-900.  The way they play, they are probably worth more but some people have a prejudice about buying 50 year old clarinets, no matter how well they play....Cheers   JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard