Clarinet/Boosey & Hawkes "77" Clarinet

Hi Jack.

After a house move I have found my old Boosey & Hawkes clarinet. This was given to me by my great auntie about 22 years ago. It used to be used by her.

It is in good condition and good working order and comes in it's original box. It has a serial number 156140 engraved into it and has Boosey & Hawkes "77" engraved into it to. I have had a look at the list of serial numbers on the Boosey & Hawkes website but cannot seem to find this one. I was wondering if you could give me an idea of value and age as I really have no need for it now. I am based in London.

Many Thanks.

Hello Dean,
The serial number you provided comes from the year 1958...The '77' model was the designation B@H gave to the Edgeware model but for overseas export.  Most of these clarinets were wood though they had an ebonite bell. They are regarded as good student level clarinets..One of these clarinets was on EBAY not to long ago with a price of 345 pounds.   Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential