Clarinet/imperial 926

Question
good evening all

I have been given an imperial 926 clarinet serial no. 347312 from the estate of a lady who's father played with the Benny Goodman band. I have no proof so it is of little consequence but I was wondering if that serial no. Was from the correct era and do I need to insure this instrument separately. thank you so much for taking the time to read my post

Answer
Hello Caroline,
The Imperial 926 was a professional level clarinet made by the manufacturer BOOSEY & HAWKES...  B&H clarinets with the serial numbers between 330,000 and 350,000 [which includes yours] were manufactured  during 1970....These clarinets were popular but not as popular as  the B&H 1010, [a better clarinet]...These clarinets had most of their sales in ENGLAND. You can find these clarinets [926] sometimes on EBAY, FOR AROUND $1000. us IF IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.....cHEERS    jack

Clarinet

jack wiard