Clarinet/imperial 926

good evening all

I have been given an imperial 926 clarinet serial no. 347312 from the estate of a lady who's father played with the Benny Goodman band. I have no proof so it is of little consequence but I was wondering if that serial no. Was from the correct era and do I need to insure this instrument separately. thank you so much for taking the time to read my post

Hello Caroline,
The Imperial 926 was a professional level clarinet made by the manufacturer BOOSEY & HAWKES...  B&H clarinets with the serial numbers between 330,000 and 350,000 [which includes yours] were manufactured  during 1970....These clarinets were popular but not as popular as  the B&H 1010, [a better clarinet]...These clarinets had most of their sales in ENGLAND. You can find these clarinets [926] sometimes on EBAY, FOR AROUND $1000. us IF IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.....cHEERS    jack

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential