Clarinet/Leblanc clarinet

Leblanc model 1176
Leblanc model 1176  
I am the original owner of a Leblanc clarinet model 1176, serial 29070.  I am considering giving this to my granddaughter in high school.  Can you tell me the approximate value of this instrument?

Hello Renn,
Your clarinet was manufactured in 1968..The 1176 model is also known as  the LL model.The band leader Woody Herman played this model for years..It is regarded as a pro level instrument. There are two of these models on EBAY at the moment at prices of $1260 AND $1700.   If your clarinet is in excellent condition, it would be worth $1200-1400.    Cheers   JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential