Clarinet/1930 Clarinet

I have come across a 1930s model metal clarinet marked Cavalier on the bell. It is not in playable condition. All keys are there and work. It is in the original case which is in fair condition. Any idea how much it is worth? The seller has $9.95 on it. It would simply be ornamental for us or possibly a gift for my daughter's band director. Thanks.

Hello Barbara,
The going rate for most metal clarinets [except for  a very few brand names] is %30.00-$200.00   As it costsup to $500. for an overhaul [which could make  a metal clarinet value up to $350. or so, it is not worth putting in the money. For what you want it for, it is worth $10.00,probably up to $30-$40.00.....Cheers    JACK

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential