Clarinet/1930 Clarinet

Question
I have come across a 1930s model metal clarinet marked Cavalier on the bell. It is not in playable condition. All keys are there and work. It is in the original case which is in fair condition. Any idea how much it is worth? The seller has $9.95 on it. It would simply be ornamental for us or possibly a gift for my daughter's band director. Thanks.

Answer
Hello Barbara,
The going rate for most metal clarinets [except for  a very few brand names] is %30.00-$200.00   As it costsup to $500. for an overhaul [which could make  a metal clarinet value up to $350. or so, it is not worth putting in the money. For what you want it for, it is worth $10.00,probably up to $30-$40.00.....Cheers    JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard