Clarinet/Coudet et Cie Paris LBP France

I have Coudet metal clarinet that my father owned as a student, probably dating back to 1930's. It is engraved with Coudet et Cie Paris then initials of LBP and under that France. There is a number 21 on the underside of one of the keys.  The original case is purple felt inside and brown leather outside. Condition of instrument is fair...needed repair to most of key pads and case is worn.  Just wondering the worth of this instrument.  Thank you so much and will look forward to hearing your answer.

Hello Jan,
I could not find anything specific to this clarinet..In the early 1900s, there were over 120 companies making metel [sometimes called 'silver clarinets'...You will find most metal [unknown brands] have a value of %50-200. on EBAY.  A  good overhaul costs up to $500., and even then ,the clarinet would have a value of $300. or so...If you want to keep and repair it for sentamental reasons, go for it, otherwise invest in a modern clarinet...Cheers   JACK  

jack wiard

my 'area of expertise' is traditional jazz...i have had classical training...i am from san francisco,came to australia in 1971 to teach h.s. music...resigned to play full time music in 1975 [to present]

i have played with the graeme bell allstars [25 yrs] ray price quintet [5 yrs], led own groups [20 yrs]..played in all the major australian jazz festivals, played 2 yrs with local symphony most recorded jazz clarinetist in oz [39 recordings]..can be heard on you tube

on committee of clarinet soc. of n.s.w for 7 yrs...[now defunct]

a.a. degree,b.mus degree, secondary teaching credential