Clarinet/My Leblanc Normandy 4 clarinet

Question
Hi, Jack.  Many years ago I was an accomplished symphony/jazz musician (clarinet).  In the early 70's, I saw a fantastic deal on a new Leblanc Normandy 4 (K10237) at a musical instrument store that was going out of business.  So I bought it.  Unfortunately, shortly thereafter, a gun-shot injured my right thumb muscles so that I could never support the clarinet for more than just a few minutes.  Discouraged with this, I gave up playing.  I still have this instrument and I think it is in as perfect condition as it could be, given its age.  I have been careful with humidity and temperature.  Even the case looks brand new.  So, what is your opinion of its value/price?  It has a Vandoren B45 mouthpiece, with a 2-screw ligature. By the way, I live in the SF Bay area--your old stomping grounds.

Answer
Hello Troy,
The Normandy 4 model started in 1969 [nickel plate keys] so if you purchased yours in the early 1970s [lets say 1972] it is around 42 years old.  The NORMANDY 4 became the Noblet 4 around  1978. Leblanc was selling Noblet 4s until 2006, when they were discontinued and developed into the Bliss line of clarinets.   The Normandy 4 and Noblet 4  are regarded as intermediate level clarinets..There are currently six Normandy 4  clarinets on EBAY at prices of $85...$110...$170...$280...$310...and $770...I think your clarinet would have been well looked after by you so it would probably fetch $500-600,its age being a factor.   Give my regards to Broadway', the street  where I did lots of gigs.   Cheers   Jack

Clarinet

jack wiard