Clarinet/Noblet Clarinet

Question
I'm interested in knowing the valuation of my Noblet Clarinet serial #91368. Completely refurbished.  Purchased approx. 1970s. I played in my HS band and used the instrument for 4-6 years.  Its still in excellent condition.  I'm considering selling the instrument and would appreciate any suggestions on how to go about do so.  Thank you.

Answer
Hello Yvonne,
Your clarinet serial number is from 1970...It is a NOBLET 45,the best model by this manufacturer. It is regarded as an intermediate level clarinet....As to value, you can compare what others are asking for the same clarinet on EBAY.  Currently Noblet 45s on EBAY  are selling for  $1480 [new...this is too much  because for that sort of money ,one can buy  a used pro level clarinet]  $660,$500,$380 and one for $435. that has just been overhauled [that price is a bit low]...If your clarinet has been sitting in a closet since the 1970s, it probably has issues.  Pads get hard and don't seal properly and the case may smell..If it has recently been refurbished [overhauled], a Noblet 45 should fetch $600-$900.,depending on the appearance of the case and the age of the instrument.  Your clarinet is 44 years old so you could expect at least $700.  Selling on EBAY is cheaper and quicker  than newspaper ads but as people are expecting 'bargains' on EBAY, clarinets are often sold  at under what they could sell for in other places. If there are major  schools in your area with good music programs, posting ads there [at the beginning of  a school term would be a good selling place...Cheers   JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard