Clarinet/Value of Buffet Clarinet

Question
Jack Hi!

I have a Buffet Clarinet serial number 35623 which I bought in France in the early 1960's. Except for needing new pads it is in very good shape. Would you please tell me its value. Thanks. Len

Answer
Hello Len,
According to Buffet issued serial numbers, clarinets with numbers 35501-38000 were manufactured in 1949.   These are called  'pre R-13 models'.  I had one [same vintage as yours] a few years ago. I had a complete overhaul done on it and it came up extremely well. I sold it for $1,500. Your clarinet in its current condition could go for $700+..If it needs  a repad, no one can play it adequately to access how it can play.    Cheers   JACK

Clarinet

jack wiard