Clarinet/Vintage RI - L942 Selmer Clarinet

I have purchased a beautiful, fully functional, Selmer Clarinet in original brn. alligator case, all in excellent condition. Please help identify the year and or maker, and it's approx. value to a collector vs. college/pro clarinetist. It is a RI (radio improved); L942 (pre L1000) w/ articulated G#. The numbers 5588 are tucked under the keys. The bell only is stamped 'SOLE AGENTS,US&CAN,Selmer,NEW-YORK,ELKHART'. All other parts have a basic Selmer logo. I'm considering selling it to purchase a quality saxophone/s.
What do you think?
Thank you.

According to my sources if it is a Selmer Paris then it was made before 1931.  I cannot find a listing for the L942.  I also am not able to place a value without seeing it in person.  I suggest taking it to a qualified repair shop for an estimate.  I hope this helps.

Guy Percy

I can answer basic playing questions and I can answer questions about repair/maintenance.

I have taught middle school band and orchestra for 17 years. I also own a band instrument repair business.

BM Jazz Performance BA Music Ed MA Music(composition emphasis).