Clarinet/yesr of manufacture

Question
I have a Buffet Crampon Evette (BCE) Serial 2356543. It has a transfer logo on top joint and bell. It is hard plastic. I have ordered a BCE mouthpiece. I am a beginner and wondered the age of this clarinet. Would it be of greater value if I found a BCE logo'd barrel as well? Many thanks John

Answer
Hello,
  I apologize for the delay in my answer.  I've had a few family emergencies over the past few weeks.  The best I can tell is that this was made in the early 1980's.  It may help to identify the horn if I could see a picture.  The plastic(ebonite or resonite) horns are all about the same value even with a different barrel.  Many players often change barrels to help with tuning, etc so it doesn't effect the value.  I hope this helps.

Guy

Clarinet

Guy Percy