Classic/Antique Car Repair/1965 Pontiac Parisienne Tilt Wheel

Paul wrote at 2009-08-01 04:29:08
Yes they did have tilt steering in 1965 cause I have a Canadian 1965 pontiac custom sport & got tilt steering out of a 1965 grand pix & it is a easy swap & works just fine, I hope that helps you out take care from Paul in B.C. Vancouver.

1965 wrote at 2009-09-24 20:42:13
Canadian Pontiacs did have the tilt option, have had 2 myself.  Anyway, I know a GP tilt will fit and I assume that a Bonny or Catalina will too.  Also, a 65-66 Impala is the same as well.

CORVAIRWILD wrote at 2014-12-20 04:41:38
5 years after the question, I just stumbled across this. To answer your question, the Canadian Pontiacs were assembled on the exact same production line as the Chevy Impala, and thus are twins under the skin, few parts are share with their distant American cousin. In fact Chevy DID offer a tilt-tele column, I know, I had two, and have sold the column shift one, but still have the floor shift unit. Tilt was pretty uncommon back in '65, so IMO you should consider a new aftermarket, Like and Idiit, and just paint the billet interior color. Hope this helps!

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Dick Benjamin