Classic/Antique Car Repair/Ohio Technical College

Hi, I'm about to graduate school and I'm looking for a good, solid automotive school to move to for my next stage in life. I realize that it is needed to have a good, solid base on the basics of cars before I should focus in on Classic Repair, but so far I have found very few schools that seem to offer both.

The top school I found was Ohio Technical College and I've been talking to a representative from my area for quite some time now and it seems promising. However, I have found VERY mixed reviews of the school and being a "pretty girl", people outside the school haven't been able to answer my questions because they just don't care as much. What are your opinions of the school? Do you think it is as promising as everyone says? Does it have the reputation I will like to carry around to a job interview? I'm worried I'm investing in THEIR business more than my education, based on the reviews.

This is one of the better trade industry schools out there. I spent a lot of my life running Vo-Tech departments. As a result I visited and looked into them so that I could counsel my students. But any school is only as good as the effort that you put into it and the group of folks that you tend to spend time with. A side note here, I was the first shop in the country to recruit and have female students in a Vo-Tech secondary shop. That was 1968 at Blue Hills Regional Vo Tech in Canton Mass. Good luck and keep me posted with your progress.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.