Classic/Antique Car Repair/Trim removal

Hi, I bought a 4 liter R Princess 1966. The door trim needs to be removed for refinishing. I assume they are attached with a pressed spring retainer, but nice to ask someone with experience before I break something.

Good Morning Michael,

Thank you so much for your inquiry.  We have specialized in the restoration of automotive woodwork since 1982....and folks send us their woodwork from all over the U.S. and the world.....BUT we don't take it out or re-install it.  That being said, we would advise you to do an internet search to see if there are any RR Owners clubs in your area.  Club members can be really helpful and they will certainly know reputable shops in your area that they can refer you to.

The Rolls Royce owners club is a good place to check for RR service shops.  In southern CA. many RR owners rely on Ronnie Shaver for their RR restoration and repairs. Here are the details:

Ronny’s Garage
Ronnie Shaver - owner
1111 W 1st Street,
Santa Ana, CA, 92703-3816.
Phone: (714)953-0896

We would hope that you choose to have us restore your woodwork.  Please feel free to contact us so we can go over your woodwork and quote you a price.  805-962-1579.   We can help you get it looking "showroom new"

We wish you Happy Motoring,

Jeff Wayco  co-owner
Madera Concepts
55-B  Depot Rd
Goleta, CA.  93117

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Jeff Wayco

I can answer general and specific questions that relate to problems with and the repair solutions for, the O.E.M. wooden interior trim found in many marques: Jaguar, Roll-Royce, Mercedes-Benz, Bentley, BMW, Austin Healey, Jensen Healey, Triumph, Lotus etc. etc.

I have co-owned a company called Madera Concepts since founding it in 1982. We specialize in the repair, refinishing and re-veneering of automotive woodwork, from pre-War to date. If the vehicle came from the factory with wooden interior trim, we have seen and restored it.

Rolls-Royce/Bentley Owners Club

BA Industrial Education, Major-Woodworking

All Rolls, Bentley, Jaguar and most Mercedes-Benz Dealerships in the U.S. and Canada. As well as thousands of independent automotive repair shops