Classic/Antique Car Repair/1930ford abonepickup

Question
went over the truck,drained gas tank,replaced carband it started and even went for road test.replced batterywith new just for precaution battery at full potential but now won,t start,all connections,pos+and grond are good .seems like it has lost somethig.battery and fuel ok.plugs ok and spark>

Answer
Did the engine turn over???  Let's assume it did not.  If it ran yesterday, it should run today.  Get a test light and see if you have power at the starter terminal.  If not, then it is the batt. cable.  Trace how far the power gets toward the starter.  There can be a loose crimp at either end of the cable, or there can be corrosion inside the crimp, or a loose connection at the batt.  Check the attachment of the ground cable to the frame.  Make sure it is tight.  If you have power at the starter, then take a hard look at the starter switch.  Take it off and look inside.  I doubt that it is the problem.  Make sure your new batt. did not drain down overnight.  Maybe the brake light stuck on.  
For more help, go to blurb.com and search for jackbahm.  You will find a book I just wrote called "Get a Horse" on the A.  You don't have to buy it.  I set it up for full preview.  Look at it and that will take you through the other things that may be wrong.  Get back to me and let me know what you find and how you fixed it.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm