Classic/Antique Car Repair/1930ford abonepickup

went over the truck,drained gas tank,replaced carband it started and even went for road test.replced batterywith new just for precaution battery at full potential but now won,t start,all connections,pos+and grond are good .seems like it has lost somethig.battery and fuel ok.plugs ok and spark>

Did the engine turn over???  Let's assume it did not.  If it ran yesterday, it should run today.  Get a test light and see if you have power at the starter terminal.  If not, then it is the batt. cable.  Trace how far the power gets toward the starter.  There can be a loose crimp at either end of the cable, or there can be corrosion inside the crimp, or a loose connection at the batt.  Check the attachment of the ground cable to the frame.  Make sure it is tight.  If you have power at the starter, then take a hard look at the starter switch.  Take it off and look inside.  I doubt that it is the problem.  Make sure your new batt. did not drain down overnight.  Maybe the brake light stuck on.  
For more help, go to and search for jackbahm.  You will find a book I just wrote called "Get a Horse" on the A.  You don't have to buy it.  I set it up for full preview.  Look at it and that will take you through the other things that may be wrong.  Get back to me and let me know what you find and how you fixed it.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.