Classic/Antique Car Repair/Gas smell

Question
Hi, my 1977 Volkswagen convertible has a strong smell when-ever l fill the tank. l notice my evaporation chamber was broken and l put  epoxy on it however the smell is still strong and it tends to  leak gasoline at times. The leak is not coming from the chamber which l fixed!!!!!

Answer
Hello Robert,

Before I say any more, I strongly advise you to get some professional help in locating and fixing the problem ASAP and BEFORE you start or drive your car !!!!  The fumes and leak could cause a fire or explosion.  DO NOT DRIVE your car....Get Professional Help !!!

Now, on to my reply to your request:  
I think you may have accidentally selected the wrong category, I have volunteered to answer questions that relate to “Automotive Wooden Interior Trim” - specifically the “Real” wood trim parts found in Jaguars, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls-Royce, Bentleys, BMWs, Jensen Healeys, Austin Healeys, Triumphs - etc. etc. etc.

I do appreciate you asking me a question, however that is NOT in my area expertise.

Should you or any of your fellow automotive enthusiasts have interior wood trim in their vehicles....and IF that wood is having trouble.....I can help.

Thank you.

Again, I strongly advise you to get some professional help in locating and fixing the problem ASAP and BEFORE you start or drive your car !!!!  

(I would appreciate you taking the time to Rate my response....thanks)  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Jeff Wayco