Classic/Antique Car Repair/31 Packad starter

I unbolted the starter, one bolt only correct? The starter will not come out or move at all. Does it have to be rotated to unlock to remove or what? Any help would be great.

I don't know anything about your Packard, but a Model A starter is held in with three large bolts.  I doubt that yours is held in with only one bolt.  Look around closely and I think you will find more.  Sorry I can't help you.  Get a Model A and have some fun.  Good luck.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.