Classic/Antique Car Repair/Old Jaguar Hood Ornament

Hi Jeff,
I'm 15 and me and a few neighbors found a place in my backyard where there are a bunch of old bottles, dishes, and toys from the 1910's just buried there. we dug about 3 feet down and i came across what looks like an old hood ornament off of a jaguar. i researched for a long time and nothing looks even close to this. is almost feels like it may be cast iron. i have pictures of it that i will send if you e-mail back to .

Thanks for your time. I hope you can help us find out about this piece.

-Kyle Green

Hi Kyle,

That's sounds interesting....but I don't think Jaguar built cars that far back in time....or if they did, I don't know if they shipped any to the U.S.

Send the pictures...and I'll see if any of the restorers we know...can tell what it is.

Happy Motoring,

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Jeff Wayco

I can answer general and specific questions that relate to problems with and the repair solutions for, the O.E.M. wooden interior trim found in many marques: Jaguar, Roll-Royce, Mercedes-Benz, Bentley, BMW, Austin Healey, Jensen Healey, Triumph, Lotus etc. etc.

I have co-owned a company called Madera Concepts since founding it in 1982. We specialize in the repair, refinishing and re-veneering of automotive woodwork, from pre-War to date. If the vehicle came from the factory with wooden interior trim, we have seen and restored it.

Rolls-Royce/Bentley Owners Club

BA Industrial Education, Major-Woodworking

All Rolls, Bentley, Jaguar and most Mercedes-Benz Dealerships in the U.S. and Canada. As well as thousands of independent automotive repair shops