Classic/Antique Car Repair/Classic Car hard starting when engine is warm

scott wrote at 2014-01-22 18:50:54
This problem sounds very familiar, mine in a 1969 Mercury 351W. Perhaps other Ford/Lincoln/Mercury owners from that era have also experienced this. In my vehicle the starter solenoid is separate from the starter and mounted on the fender apron. It is certainly worth the effort to replace a cable or two.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Vern Bullock

I can answer most questions about autos built in the 1920 through 1990. Mechanical issues and technical questions are my expertise. I also have a general knowledge of most older automobiles. Keep in mind, I can only provide answers if the questions are very specific and complete. Without details, I can only speculate and that's not good for solving your problem.

I have owned and maintained Silver Shadows for over 10 years now. I find most mechanics and even Rolls Royce mechanics have very little knowledge about these automobiles. I have researched these cars in quite a bit of detail and can pretty much tell you what is wrong, if you can describe the behavior in detail. I have saved quite a few RR owners a lot of money and aggravation due to improper diagnosis. I am the owner of Classy Transportation, LLC a luxury limousine service specializing in antique cars, classic cars, vintage cars and exotic cars.

All around the Internet

I hold a BS degree in computer science and a MS degree in mechanical engineering.

I regularly compete at car shows and average around a dozen awards annually.

See Web site at: