Classic/Antique Car Repair/Starting issues

Question
I have a 1966 ford mustang with a 6 cylinder.  I am having an issue where the car will not start but the positive cable from the battery to the starter got extremely hot and started to melt.  I had the starter tested and it is good.  Any suggestions?

Answer
hi Jeff:
Make sure the cable isn't touching any other metal component.
That will short it out and create sparks that will make it melt.

Also, if the cable is getting that hot naturally, it is bad or
the wrong gauge cable for the battery and starter. Put a new
cable on it and make sure there is no other metal contact between
the battery and the starter connections.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Vern Bullock