Classic/Antique Car Repair/1941 lincoln vacuum line

I have a 1941 lincoln V12 with a edmond intake with twin carburetors. there is a vacuum line taped into to the front of the manifold and it interferes with the plug wires that cross over from side to side. this line goes to the distributor . is there any reason that i can't tape into the back of the manifold with this vacuum line.

You can indeed tap anywhere in the manifold that has vacuum for this line. And as it has an aftermarket manifold you do not have to worry about some wise guy at a show pointing with glee and exclaming for the world to hear that he has found a boo boo in the car, that that is not where the vacuum line was wnen the car was built.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.