Classic/Antique Car Repair/Repair Shop

I have had my 29 ford for the past 47 years, and now in need of a repair guy in the West Palm Beach area.  Can you advise?  Thanks

The best you can do is find a Model A club and join them.  They would have all the answers.  There is a MARC club at:
Palm Beach A's
Valerie Langer 17737 122nd drive, N.
Jupiter, Fl. 33478
561 746 6641

That's not too far and I'm sure they can get you started.  Don't be afraid to jump in and try to fix it yourself.  Very simple little car.  
Give Valerie a call.  All A people are nice.  

PS, go to:
and you will see many videos I have made on the A.  Some might be usful.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.