Classic/Antique Car Repair/1987 ford ltd crown vic

Hi Vern!..i have an 87 ford ltd crown vic with 110,000 miles...i was at the drive thru and my car cut off and wouldnt start,it would sound like it was gonna but didnt...a pal of mine replaced the spark plugs, wires, ignition coil, and ignition will run now but it runs terrible...feels like its gonna cut off, sounds bad and i smell gas...i tried to check the code thing with the paper clip but it doesnt wk...any ideas would be greatly appreciated:)

Hello Amanda:
If you are smelling gas, you most likely have one or more leaky fuel injectors.
This would cause it to run terrible, as not enough fuel is getting into the cylinders.
Leaky fuel injector can cause a car fire, so have them check right away.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Vern Bullock

I can answer most questions about autos built in the 1920 through 1990. Mechanical issues and technical questions are my expertise. I also have a general knowledge of most older automobiles. Keep in mind, I can only provide answers if the questions are very specific and complete. Without details, I can only speculate and that's not good for solving your problem.

I have owned and maintained Silver Shadows for over 10 years now. I find most mechanics and even Rolls Royce mechanics have very little knowledge about these automobiles. I have researched these cars in quite a bit of detail and can pretty much tell you what is wrong, if you can describe the behavior in detail. I have saved quite a few RR owners a lot of money and aggravation due to improper diagnosis. I am the owner of Classy Transportation, LLC a luxury limousine service specializing in antique cars, classic cars, vintage cars and exotic cars.

All around the Internet

I hold a BS degree in computer science and a MS degree in mechanical engineering.

I regularly compete at car shows and average around a dozen awards annually.

See Web site at: