Classic/Antique Car Repair/1988 F150 trunk

My turn signals do not work. I replace the wire hardness on the sterring column. I check the fuses, check my hazard lights, reverse lights, braking lights all work except for my turn signal. can you help me solve this issue. Thx

There are two separate flashers in this truck, one for the directional and one for the 4 way flashers. If the 4 ways work and the directionals do not it indicates that the directional flasher is not working or that the directional fuse is blown. Remove the directional flasher and turn on the ignition. When probing the socket with a test light there should be voltage at one terminal. If there is replace the flasher with a new one. If there is no voltage then check the fuse and the wiring to the fuse.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.