Classic/Antique Car Repair/1988 F150 trunk

Question
My turn signals do not work. I replace the wire hardness on the sterring column. I check the fuses, check my hazard lights, reverse lights, braking lights all work except for my turn signal. can you help me solve this issue. Thx

Answer
There are two separate flashers in this truck, one for the directional and one for the 4 way flashers. If the 4 ways work and the directionals do not it indicates that the directional flasher is not working or that the directional fuse is blown. Remove the directional flasher and turn on the ignition. When probing the socket with a test light there should be voltage at one terminal. If there is replace the flasher with a new one. If there is no voltage then check the fuse and the wiring to the fuse.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears