Classic/Antique Car Repair/Electrical

1958 corvette
1958 corvette  
I have a 1958 corvette and my blower motor does not work.  I checked and it worked before I put it back in after restoring the car and it does have power going to it when you turn it on but its doing nothing.  The motor has the original single wire coming out of it going directly to the fan speed switch and no ground wire.  Why would it not work?

Nice Car! Well, most of the time when you mount an electrical component to the body of the car it is grounded through the metal body back to the battery. However the Corvette is a fiber glass body so each and every component must have a ground wire attached to it to complete the ground back to the battery. Usually the ground wire for the blower is attached to one of the screws that holds the blower motor flange to the heater housing.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.