Classic/Antique Car Repair/headlights

Question
my boss has a 1928 pickup has been restored but the headlights work sometime and sometimes they don't. can you give me any pointers.good it be in the switch at steering wheel or is there a problem at the end of column how could i fix either one. Thanks Jack

Answer
Be sure to get les andrews book on how to fix the A.  Great book that we all have and use.  About $35 from Marc or any supplier.  Take off the bail at the base of the column and pull off the light switch.  It is probably loose or bent or jammed in there.  Look at it and figure out how it works and you should be OK.  The rod from the top just rotates the switch, but you have to get things lined up so it rotates without grounding out and honking the horn.  The little center pin is the horn circuit.  Get into and get back to me.  It really is simple.  Just stick with it, and get your boss the book, and join a local model A club.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm