Classic/Antique Car Repair/heater shut off valve.

I have a 1951 Pontiac Chieftain with a Harrison heater. I am looking to buy a heater shut off valve, part # 3113034, for my '51 Pontiac. Where can I purchase this item/

Thanks    Tom

If you can find out what kind of valve it is, you may be able to find a generic one.  If it is vacuum operated as many were, or a simple lever operated one. I am not familiar with you car. I know Model A's. Try to find a Pontiac, or gm car club and ask them. Google the part number. You never know. The people who made water valves back then were Ranco, and Knowles Fisher. I doubt if they are still around, but it may give you a lead. A water valve is pretty simple. The Ranco valves had a gas filled bulb that tried to control the water flow. You can do without that feature. Just find a valve and set it up so you can throttle it back from inside the car. Sorry I can't be of much help. Good luck. Jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.