Classic/Antique Car Repair/heater shut off valve.

Question
I have a 1951 Pontiac Chieftain with a Harrison heater. I am looking to buy a heater shut off valve, part # 3113034, for my '51 Pontiac. Where can I purchase this item/

Thanks    Tom

Answer
If you can find out what kind of valve it is, you may be able to find a generic one.  If it is vacuum operated as many were, or a simple lever operated one. I am not familiar with you car. I know Model A's. Try to find a Pontiac, or gm car club and ask them. Google the part number. You never know. The people who made water valves back then were Ranco, and Knowles Fisher. I doubt if they are still around, but it may give you a lead. A water valve is pretty simple. The Ranco valves had a gas filled bulb that tried to control the water flow. You can do without that feature. Just find a valve and set it up so you can throttle it back from inside the car. Sorry I can't be of much help. Good luck. Jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm