Classic/Antique Car Repair/repairs & mechanics

I'm looking for a good classic car mechanic in Los Angeles. I have a '62 Plymouth Fury ragtop. Appreciate your advice -
Thanks, John

Wow, that's a tough question for a model A guy in the mid west. Go to the chrysler club site and try to make contact with someone there for advice. It's called the Walter p chrysler club. I'll look for the link.  Just google Walter p chrysler and the site will be listed.  Hope this helps. I have no contacts out west. Sorry.
Keep that car standard. Dont kluge it up like a hot rod. Will keep its value if it stays standard and just restored. Good luck. Jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.