Classic/Antique Car Repair/1931 ford murray 3 window

Question
Starter cranks ,no fire at plug ,no drain on ammeter,no lights or horn.  battery new(checks out),cables good...with charger connected(40 amp cold start) still nothing  ignition switch is a simple on/off  was working ,switch and dist connection good.
i am puzzled bt the lack of lights and horn and the ammeter(new)showing 0  no movement
Car was starting but under throttle would cut off
will try some of your previous posts
am a novice    HELP
thanks in advance

Answer
I have a youtube video on troubleshooting. Search for it under jackbahm. You just have to trace down the prob. Check the fuse. With key off, you should have power on both sides of the coil.  I assume you have a test light. If not, make one. Just a bulb and two leads.  If you don't have power there, track it down until you find the prob.  Turn on key and, with points open, you should have power at the moveable point arm. If not, fix it.  You will have to make sure your points are good.  Then you will have to time the engine. Better get the mechanics handbook for the A from Snyders. Great book. Also get my latest book, Get a Horse, also from Snyders.  Don't get discouraged. The A is simple and a lot of fun. Check it out some more and get back to me. We will get it running good. Jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm