Classic/Antique Car Repair/Adhesive for Vinyl Seat

Question
Hello,

I have to glue a couple of patches on the vinyl seat of my '67 Ford Ranger.  (original seat cover)  What is the name of a good adhesive that I can use for this job ?  Thank you.

John

Answer
My old stand by for soft trim is 3 M brand "Trim Adhesive". I use the spray can. Then I cut the piece that I am going to glue on to fit. Then trace the outline of the piece of material onto a paper bag and cut it out. Lay the paper bag on the place where the patch is going to go and spray on the adhesive. Now spray the back of the patch and let both dry as directed on the can. Once the adhesive is set up carefully place the patch over the area to be covered. If you did the cutout right the patch should just cover the area that you sprayed the adhesive on the seat. While not what a "professional" might have done it has worked just fine for me over the years.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears