Classic/Antique Car Repair/dist.

Question
how do you remove the dist. from a 1930 model a ford.

Answer
Loosen the lock nut on the side of the head behind the exhaust manifold, then loosen the screw.  This screw locks in the dist.  It should lift out then.  If it is stuck, then pry it up with a screwdriver.  They do break sometimes when they are really stuck.  Stay with it and use some liquid wrench around the bottom and pry it up.  Hope this helps.  jack
Now go buy the model a mechanics handbook by les Andrews.  We all have it and use it. Parts suppliers have it for about $35.  I also wrote a book called "get a horse". Snyders will offer it soon, but you can get it at blurb.com. Just search jack Bahm or the title. Jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm