Classic/Antique Car Repair/1929 Ford backfires, lacks power

Question
I blew a head gasket on my 1929 Town Sedan. I had it replaced and now the car pops and backfires, particularily on shifting and lacks power. I can't get it above 45 mph. Any ideas on how to cure my issues? Are they related to the head gasket?

Answer
I don't think the head gasket is the problem.  Check the timing, point gap and the points.  Also make sure the plugs are not black and fuzzy.  Fouled.  There is the putside chance that it is a bad condenser, but I doubt it.  jack  Let me know what you find.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm