Classic/Antique Car Repair/lack of fuel drawing into cylinder

I have a 1972 VW T2 camper - and have lack of fuel going to plugs.

There are three things that get fuel to flow into cylinders. The first is the engines ability to create a vacuum as the engine is spun over and the intake manifold system being free of vacuum leaks. The second is the ability of the carburetor to store fuel and being able to allow fuel to flow through its jets when is senses engine vacuum. The third is the ability of the fuel system and the fuel pump to deliver sufficient fuel to the carburetor to support engine operation. I would first check the fuel flow and fuel pressure from the fuel pump. If that checks out then a compression test is in order. If the compression is ok and there are no vacuum leaks in the intake manifold then the next logical problem could be the carburetor.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.