Classic/Antique Car Repair/1929 A coupe/rumble seat

How do I replace side window behind drivers door without ruining interior panels? There is no screws in metal trim that I can see.      Thank you for your time helping me.

I don't know how to do that, but I'll ask around and get back to you. Jack
This is what I got back from a friend:
Remove the trim from the inside and see if it siliconed in or if it has a rubber channel.  If it has a rubber channel, you should be able to push it inward.

The garnish moulding should come off.  There should be screws.  If it is glued in, try prying it off.  Call Snyders and ask them.  330 549 5313.  I think there are clips near the top of the window that hold it in place.  If it is a rubber strip, then look for a locking strip that is within the rubber seal.  Hope some of this helps.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm

Only repair type questions on the 1928-1931 Ford Model A.

Owned one when I was 15 yrs old, and now have owned 5. Still own and play with 2 of them.

Oakleaf region of MARC. Model A Restorers Club. I have put several Model A videos on the Oakleaf site that may be of help. Things like how to start the A, how to Time it, how to troubleshoot it.. Go to and you will find them. Also, go to and search for "jackbahm" and you will find over a hundred videos. Many about the Model A and our outings. jack

"More than you need to know about cars." Just a small book for Car Nuts. "Model A Ford Tips and Hints" "Get A Horse" (What to do when Henry's Lady quits on you.) or Snyder's Antique Parts. "Engineering Stuff" (For the Kid who likes to take things apart and get them back together). Kids book for ages 10-16. 2012 Many Model A movies that can be found on

BSME LSU, 1958, Masters of automotive engineering from the Chrysler Institute of engineering, 1960, MBA Mich State, 1976. Worked as an engineer at Chrysler from 1958 to the end of 1991.

Two patents while working in auto industry. Go to this site for my Model A videos.