Classic/Antique Car Repair/over heating problem Triumph 1300

I recently purchased this car it has 1500 engine fitted got a over heating problem tried most things even fitting new head gas
and having head skimmed this solved the problem for 50 miles or so but now back again also rattle noise from engine when running
hot hope you can help thank you.

Hello Barry,

I think you may have accidentally selected the wrong at the bottom of my response, I have a couple suggestions that might help you.  
For starters, I have volunteered to answer questions that relate to “Automotive Wooden Interior Trim” - specifically the “Real” wood trim parts found in Jaguars, Mercedes-Benz, Rolls-Royce, Bentleys, BMWs, Jensen Healeys, Austin Healeys, Triumphs - etc. etc. etc.

I do appreciate you asking me a question, however that is NOT in my area expertise.

Should you or any of your fellow automotive enthusiasts have interior wood trim in their vehicles....and IF that wood is having trouble.....I can help.

Thank you.

OH, and for what it is worth, I would think that you Might be able to find or order a repair manual for your car, either from a Local Parts Store or Amazon, Borders or maybe on eBay etc. etc.  It would be a good idea to have one, if you are going to do mechanical work yourself.  

Also for what it is worth, I would think that you might want to search for a classic/vintage car club in your area.  Many folks in clubs are very helpful people and may be able to help you find your answer...making a friend or two in that "world" would be very helpful, especially if you are going to do mechanical work yourself.  Who knows, maybe one of those folks has had the same problem or can assist you personally with the answer to your question.

(I would appreciate you taking the time to Rate my response....thanks)

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Jeff Wayco

I can answer general and specific questions that relate to problems with and the repair solutions for, the O.E.M. wooden interior trim found in many marques: Jaguar, Roll-Royce, Mercedes-Benz, Bentley, BMW, Austin Healey, Jensen Healey, Triumph, Lotus etc. etc.

I have co-owned a company called Madera Concepts since founding it in 1982. We specialize in the repair, refinishing and re-veneering of automotive woodwork, from pre-War to date. If the vehicle came from the factory with wooden interior trim, we have seen and restored it.

Rolls-Royce/Bentley Owners Club

BA Industrial Education, Major-Woodworking

All Rolls, Bentley, Jaguar and most Mercedes-Benz Dealerships in the U.S. and Canada. As well as thousands of independent automotive repair shops