Classic/Antique Car Repair/Model A Ford fuel line

Question
The fuel line on our 1930 Model A leaks on the carb. end.  We have replaced the line with a new one and it still leaks.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Answer
Robert, sorry about the delay in answering you, but I was on a Model A tour to Port Huron, Mich.  Just got back.
When you replaced the line, I hope you used a new ferrule.  This is critical.  Also, make sure the ferrule is not too far from the end of the tube.  The end can go in too far and hit the filter and block fuel flow.  Sometimes the Carb inlet is damaged and the ferrule can't set properly.  If it is damaged and you can't fix it, then replace that part of the carb.  The ferrule must be compressed to seal.  There is no magic here.  Also, make sure you are compressing the ferrule.  Sometimes the nut bottoms out before you pinch the ferrule.  That's about all I can suggest.  Good luck.  jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm