Classic/Antique Car Repair/1966 Eldorado

Looking at buying a 1966 Eldorado. Heater core is disconnected so cannot test Heat or A/C. Want a range on what it would cost to replace the heating and A/C system if it came to that.
A worst case estimate would be fine.

A worst case scenario could be as high as the 5 thousand dollar range if the heater care is bad, the compressor is bad and there are leaks throughout the system. The heater hoses disconnected tells me that there was probably;y a leak in the heater core but you do not know if the A/C was working before that. Unknown on top of unknown.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.