Classic/Antique Car Repair/Front brakes

Question
Have 1962 thunderbird.  Brakes pull to the left  real hard in front.  They are drum brakes. Have had them bled. With no improvement. I inspected both sides found good shoes and drums. Right wheel cylinder is questionable but left is good. Minke said that I need to replace drum ,wheel cyl, and all springs.   They said it was a bad proportional valve but 62 does not have valve on front brakes

Answer
Bleeding and adjustment on a hydraulic brake system will not cause a car to pull to one side or the other, period. The hydraulic system is a self balancing system as pressure applied to a liquid in a closed container will be distributed undiminished throughout. That said then the problem has to be a mechanical issue. Oh, you a right about the P valve, so much for the chain store brake shops and old cars. Now, explain to me about what you meant by the right cylinder being questionable. Is it leaking or are there signs of rust in the bore? If I was doing the job I would pull the right front drum. I would ask some one to very gently push the brake pedal down while watching the wheel cylinder for movement. No movement you have found your problem. Other causes could be a defect in the flex hydraulic line to the right front wheel, brake fluid or grease on the brake shoe (check both sides for this). I would also check the rear brakes. I have had cars pull one way or the other and the problem has been on the rear brakes. The rear of the car will rend to swing to the side with the brake grabbing. Hope this helps.  

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears