Classic/Antique Car Repair/1979 Ranchero model(s)

What model is a 1979 Ranchero Brougham?

The Ford Ranchero was first introduced in 1957 and ran through 1979. Ir was first built on the full sized Ford station wagon frame and was the same as a wagon to the back of the front doors. In 1961 the Ranchero was built on the Falcon frame and then grew again to the Torino frame and the the LTD II frame. The 1979 Ranchero added the Brougham trim package to dress the machine up, adding split bench/bucket seats and other luxury car like trim, special wheel package, and exterior trim and paint combinations. The chassis on this model became the later model Crown Vic's. But the Brougham package was manly eye candy on the base Ranchero.

Classic/Antique Car Repair

Brad Sears

All automotive including antique and collectible. However if the car has been modified I can only answer in general terms and maybe get you pointed in the right direction.

Automotive tech instructor. Syndicated auto columnist 1970's though the early 1990's. Syndicated auto radio talk show, Ask Brad About cars, CBS Radio 70's through 90's TV Show "Last Chance Garage" 1980's PBS-TV syndicated. Auto instructor for the following companies: Fram Autolyte Holly Carter AMF Ford Motor University Of Conn Blue Hills Technical School Sugar River Technical Center Grew up in a family garage in Needham Mass and turned wrenches from the age of 14.

Manchester Union Leader, Nashua Telegraph, Motor Service Magazine, Yankee Magazine, Popular Mechanics (Saturday Mechanic early 80's), Los Angeles Times, New York Times, and lots more.

More than I care to remember. Basically Franklin Technical Institute in Boston, Northeastern University, Fitchburg State Teachers College, Tufts University, and a lot of factory schools along the way.

Moto Award winner. And much more.