Classic/Antique Car Repair/Thermostat in a Model A

Question
Hello Jack, I've bought my Model A a few weeks ago. I heed your advice to drive the car every day. It's wonderful. But now it's already cold outside. Do you think it is reasonable to use a thermostat? Many thanks! Gernot

Answer
Be sure to go to this site and see all of my Model A how-to videos.  
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhL36Rc6o5MI5gsZreCrIa0r_fFQcz4R0
Or it might be easier to go to youtube, search for my channel and look at the playlist.

If you are going to drive it in weather below freezing, or around there, then a stat would be fine.  See my video on cooling system.  A lot of people add them to raise the pressure in their system to fix an overheating prob.  Keep in mind, that wherever you put it, it will end up against your radiator inlet.  The water flow puts it there.
jack

Classic/Antique Car Repair

jack bahm